Friday, March 07, 2008

Convergence 2008 - Orlando

It's Friday finally! I haven't posted anything about Convergence, but better late than never. I will be at Convergence for anyone who is interested in meeting while I'm there. To help facilitate this, I have setup a Convergence Connect profile. While a portion of my time will be working at the technical services area of Convergence, I'll have other time to attend sessions and socialize as well.

My main focus at Convergence is SQL Performance and PerformancePoint Server. Those are the two areas I'm hoping to make great strides in by mid-2008.

While I have had many emails and comments asking about the results of the poll I was attempting to take on AIF usage, I have never received any responses on usage. I'm not sure if this was due to not having time or literally no one who reads my blog using it, but if you're of the earlier persuasion, please come by and talk to me for a few minutes. I'd really love to hear your success stories or otherwise in AIF.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

David Bowles

1 comment:

Adam H said...

I try to catch your blog on a regular basis, but seem to have missed the poll you mentioned on AIF usage. We have been doing quite a bit work lately with AIF over the course of AX 4, 4.1, and now a CTP2 release of 2009. We are desperately trying to get around the performace hit we are seeing when AIF with or without web services is used. We've done several tests comparing AIF, AIF/web service, ax class usage, and aot table object usage. As you move further from the direct table level access, performace seems to greatly decrease. Have you noticed this? Supposedly this issue has been resolved in the latest builds. Just curious on your thoughts, and what other information you would like to see from us or that you could share on what you have found.